Asparagus, Mushroom, and Goat Cheese Egg Bake with A
● 4 Sana Foods Original or Turmeric & Cumin Tortillas
● 1 Cup Asparagus, Cut Into 1-inch Pieces
● 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
● 6 Eggs
● 1⁄4 Cup Heavy Cream (or Dairy-Free Alternative)
● 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives, Chopped
● 1 1⁄2 Tablespoons Goat Cheese, Crumbled
● 1⁄2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
● 1⁄2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
● 1⁄4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
● 1⁄4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8x8 baking dish. You can
use butter, shortening, or coconut oil.
3. Place the 4 tortillas on the bottom of the greased baking dish.
Layer them over each other so they come up just about 1/2 inch
on all sides of the dish.
4. On the stovetop, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Add
1 cup of cut asparagus. Season with salt and pepper and saute
for about 5 minutes until they start to soften.
5. Add 1 cup of sliced mushrooms to the hot pan and sprinkle with
salt. This will help to get the moisture out of the mushrooms so
they wilt down. Saute for an additional 7-8 minutes until they
soften and caramelize.
6. Layer the sauteed veggies over the tortillas in the baking dish.
7. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream (or
dairy-free alternative), garlic powder, onion powder, chives, salt,
8. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies in the baking dish.
9. Sprinkle the goat cheese over the egg mixture. Omit if making a
10. Bake uncovered at 350° Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes until the
eggs are cooked all the way through and the edges are golden
brown. It's done when the egg mixture is firm and bounces back
when you touch it.
11. Sprinkle with some additional chives and serve hot!
● Tips for asparagus: You'll need about 12 average sizes
asparagus stalks for this recipe. The ends get very "woody" and
stringy so you'll want to get rid of those before cutting into
1-inch pieces. You can do this by snapping off the ends at their
natural breaking point. You'll be able to feel it. It's about 1⁄3 of
the way up the stalk. The end will snap off easily!
● A good dairy-free alternative for heavy cream is the Califia
Farms Better Half Unsweetened creamer.
● Most pre-sliced mushrooms come in an 8 oz container. This
recipe uses about 1⁄2 of one of those containers.
● This stores well in the refrigerator and makes excellent leftovers!